One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Relating to or characteristic of Tammany, a powerful organization within the US Democratic Party that was widely associated with corruption.‘a Tammanyite politician and bookmaker’
- ‘If they cannot get an obnoxious law repealed, they will eventually turn to some sort of Tammanyite administration.’
- ‘He read in the previous day's paper that the Tammanyite lieutenant governor was to chair the campaign state committee.’
- ‘In January 1858 he purchased the newspaper, at the time a faltering sheet with Tammanyite leanings.’
- ‘The Tammanyite radical had become a popular leader in the legislature.’
- ‘The Tammanyite crowd then headed to Wall Street.’
A supporter of the methods or principles of Tammany, a powerful organization within the US Democratic Party that was widely associated with corruption.‘an influential Tammanyite’
- ‘As anxiety increased, Tammanyites realized that he had trapped them.’
- ‘The Tammanyite finally found he could not convince the reformer.’
- ‘For Ohio's Tammanyites, on the other hand, support of the Resolution had become a principal cause.’
- ‘Through their earnest efforts they converted many of their friends into Tammanyites.’
- ‘Several Tammanyites were mad that Nixon's study had put their organization in a bad light.’
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.