One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A variety of rich, naturally fermented soy sauce.
- ‘Kale is delicious seasoned with brown-rice or umeboshi vinegar, natural soy sauce, tamari, or toasted sesame oil.’
- ‘In the Orient, 97 percent of the soy that's eaten is in miso and tamari.’
- ‘Asian diets now include fermented soy beans in the form of natto, miso, tamari, and tempeh.’
- ‘Mix together syrup, vinegar, other oils, and tamari.’
- ‘Diversity is beautiful: Buy food in a variety of textures and colors because they contain more vitamins and minerals, and set up a pantry of staples - olive oil, tamari, wild rice, sea salt, a variety of legumes.’
- ‘In a bowl, combine 3 cups of liquid (reserving the rest for another use), light soy sauce, mirin, sugar and tamari.’
- ‘For Healthy People Not Sensitive to Soy: Enjoying old-fashioned soy products such as miso, tempeh, natto, shoyu, and tamari should be no problem if they are ingested at the levels eaten traditionally in Asia.’
- ‘Marinate it in a little tamari for added flavor, then cut into strips & stir-fry with red and green peppers and onions for veggie fajitas, or crumble it into lentil stew for added texture & protein.’
- ‘I have eaten traditionally processed organic soy foods such as tofu, dried tofu, okara, natto, tempeh, yuba, soymilk, cooked yellow and black soybeans, miso, shoyu, and tamari several times per week for more than 30 years.’
- ‘In small bowl, combine lemon juice, tamari, black pepper, red pepper and garlic.’
- ‘Today I had banana bread and tamari roasted almonds.’
- ‘When they're done, add some salt and pepper, and some tamari sauce or balsamic vinegar for a light and healthy taste sensation.’
- ‘Today I will make a nice buckwheat noodle soup with tofu and green veggies and tamari.’
- ‘For Babies 10 Months & Older: Blend soup without adding tamari, sautéed mushrooms, and basil, and reserve a portion for baby.’
- ‘The soft-shell crab with tamari is light, crisp and superbly tangy.’
- ‘He also cut up a variety of vegetables, including bell peppers, broccoli, kale, and zucchini, sautéed them with garlic and tamari (a wheat-free soy sauce), and served them over brown rice.’
- ‘Keeping to a Japanese theme, I'm using soba noodles and tamari soya sauce - the real stuff, no additives or caramel, simply soya beans, salt and water.’
- ‘Evenings at the restaurant feature a table d'hôte that begins with soup (cream of sugar beet) or a mix of baby California greens in a tamari vinaigrette, followed by coffee or tea.’
- ‘Add the oil, tamari, lime juice, ginger, sugar, allspice and thyme.’
- ‘For a slow-burning, energy-stabilizing treat, pick up some Spirulina Ginseng Balls or tamari almonds from your local health food store.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.