Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
[mass noun] A variety of rich, naturally fermented soy sauce.
- ‘In the Orient, 97 percent of the soy that's eaten is in miso and tamari.’
- ‘In small bowl, combine lemon juice, tamari, black pepper, red pepper and garlic.’
- ‘I have eaten traditionally processed organic soy foods such as tofu, dried tofu, okara, natto, tempeh, yuba, soymilk, cooked yellow and black soybeans, miso, shoyu, and tamari several times per week for more than 30 years.’
- ‘Keeping to a Japanese theme, I'm using soba noodles and tamari soya sauce - the real stuff, no additives or caramel, simply soya beans, salt and water.’
- ‘Mix together syrup, vinegar, other oils, and tamari.’
- ‘Add the oil, tamari, lime juice, ginger, sugar, allspice and thyme.’
- ‘The soft-shell crab with tamari is light, crisp and superbly tangy.’
- ‘In a bowl, combine 3 cups of liquid (reserving the rest for another use), light soy sauce, mirin, sugar and tamari.’
- ‘When they're done, add some salt and pepper, and some tamari sauce or balsamic vinegar for a light and healthy taste sensation.’
- ‘Asian diets now include fermented soy beans in the form of natto, miso, tamari, and tempeh.’
- ‘Diversity is beautiful: Buy food in a variety of textures and colors because they contain more vitamins and minerals, and set up a pantry of staples - olive oil, tamari, wild rice, sea salt, a variety of legumes.’
- ‘For Healthy People Not Sensitive to Soy: Enjoying old-fashioned soy products such as miso, tempeh, natto, shoyu, and tamari should be no problem if they are ingested at the levels eaten traditionally in Asia.’
- ‘Evenings at the restaurant feature a table d'hôte that begins with soup (cream of sugar beet) or a mix of baby California greens in a tamari vinaigrette, followed by coffee or tea.’
- ‘Kale is delicious seasoned with brown-rice or umeboshi vinegar, natural soy sauce, tamari, or toasted sesame oil.’
- ‘For Babies 10 Months & Older: Blend soup without adding tamari, sautéed mushrooms, and basil, and reserve a portion for baby.’
- ‘He also cut up a variety of vegetables, including bell peppers, broccoli, kale, and zucchini, sautéed them with garlic and tamari (a wheat-free soy sauce), and served them over brown rice.’
- ‘Today I had banana bread and tamari roasted almonds.’
- ‘Marinate it in a little tamari for added flavor, then cut into strips & stir-fry with red and green peppers and onions for veggie fajitas, or crumble it into lentil stew for added texture & protein.’
- ‘For a slow-burning, energy-stabilizing treat, pick up some Spirulina Ginseng Balls or tamari almonds from your local health food store.’
- ‘Today I will make a nice buckwheat noodle soup with tofu and green veggies and tamari.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.