One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
An electronic toy displaying a digital image of a creature, which has to be looked after and responded to by the ‘owner’ as if it were a pet.
- ‘She scored a tamagotchi from Santa and it has been training us to keep it happy for the last couple of days.’
- ‘The tamagotchi lasted one year, the petrol driven car has been around for over 100 years.’
- ‘Remember those electronic pet gadgets, tamagotchis, a few years ago?’
- ‘Over two years ago, I thought, ‘hm, I want a tamagotchi’.’
- ‘Tamagotchi, which first went on sale in 1996, recorded 40 million in global sales and helped set off an explosion of handheld virtual pets.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.