One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A fast method of sheep shearing that allows a higher number of sheep to be processed in a given time.‘on the fifth day of shearing all the shearers were using tally-hi’as modifier ‘a tally-hi coaching class’
- ‘Shearers were being introduced to Tally-Hi.’
- ‘"Tally-hi" shearers may possibly show less variation than others.’
- ‘It has been found that sheep do not struggle when held by "Tally-Hi" positioning, ind this minimises the effort required of the shearer.’
- ‘Sheep are more comfortable because of the "Tally-Hi" positioning.’
- ‘Tally-Hi is recommended as making shearing quicker and easier, and improving the quality of fleeces presented for sale.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.