One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A fast method of sheep shearing that allows a higher number of sheep to be processed in a given time.‘on the fifth day of shearing all the shearers were using tally-hi’as modifier ‘a tally-hi coaching class’
- ‘"Tally-hi" shearers may possibly show less variation than others.’
- ‘It has been found that sheep do not struggle when held by "Tally-Hi" positioning, ind this minimises the effort required of the shearer.’
- ‘Sheep are more comfortable because of the "Tally-Hi" positioning.’
- ‘Tally-Hi is recommended as making shearing quicker and easier, and improving the quality of fleeces presented for sale.’
- ‘Shearers were being introduced to Tally-Hi.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.