One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Such smells are reminiscent of blown-out candles, and are frequently described as greasy, tallowy or watery.’
- ‘I have been told that the marrow from older cattle is invariably of the hard and tallowy type at room-temperature, with younger cattle having softer marrow, overall.’
- ‘Butter should not have an oily, sour, tallowy, fishy or rancid flavor.’
- ‘Odor was tallowy or ‘beefy’ to a moderate degree as was also the flavor of the oil.’
- ‘The secret of raising delectable beef on grass - avoiding the expense and tallowy taste of commercially fed beef - is to maintain lush pasture through the growing season.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.