One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A town on the Hume Highway in Victoria, Australia.
things are crook in Tallarook
informal The situation is bad or unpleasant.‘the focus group has suddenly told them that things are crook in Tallarook’
- ‘Things were crook in Tallarook after the Hawkesbury River ran a banker and washed away houses, stock and crops which left the colony to face a savage diet reduction and starvation.’
- ‘The reality is more and more Australians are being driven to their wits end by this government's malfeasance. Things are crook in Tallarook.’
- ‘As every partial indicator has already shown, things are crook in Tallarook.’
- ‘Something is crook in Tallarook; the club was engulfed by a drug scandal this week.’
- ‘It's only if things are crook in Tallarook that we raise our hand in peaceful protest.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.