One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The New Zealand women's basketball team.‘the Tall Ferns are looking good to reach the quarterfinals’
- ‘Celebrations are continuing in the Tall Ferns camp, following their second win at the Olympics.’
- ‘The New Zealand women's basketball team has upset China 79–77, all but securing the Tall Ferns a quarterfinal spot.’
- ‘The Tall Ferns forward has been ruled out of the rest of the Olympics with an eye injury.’
- ‘The Tall Ferns have been thrashed 99–47 by the United States in their opening match of the women's basketball competition.’
- ‘The Tall Ferns lost their final game to Greece 87–83.’
- ‘The Tall Ferns next play the Czech Republic on Sunday night.’
- ‘In other basketball news, the Tall Ferns finish eighth.’
- ‘The Tall Ferns coach is unconcerned about all the talk suggesting his team should not be at the Olympics.’
- ‘She began playing basketball again and was once more chosen for the Tall Ferns.’
- ‘Despite his success, he is unlikely to continue coaching the Tall Ferns past his present contract.’
1990s: modelled on White Ferns, and influenced by Tall Blacks.
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.