One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The New Zealand men's basketball team.‘the sport had a higher profile than ever, thanks to the Tall Blacks finishing fourth at the world championships’
- ‘The Tall Blacks' no-frills basketball last night had left plenty in reserve for upcoming matches, especially against trans-Tasman rivals Australia.’
- ‘The Tall Blacks' attempt to qualify for the 2012 London Olympics didn't go well.’
- ‘They led by 11 at the half but had to withstand a late charge by the New Zealand Tall Blacks to hold on for an 88–84 victory.’
- ‘The Tall Blacks are taking an innovative approach to dealing with their centre's broken thumb.’
- ‘As coach of the Tall Blacks, he developed players and programmes that set the scene for their successful campaign at the last world championships.’
- ‘Wearing a boxing glove to protect a broken thumb means he can keep training with the Tall Blacks.’
- ‘The Tall Blacks take on the Czech Republic in three matches that mark the start of their road to the Olympic play-offs.’
- ‘The Tall Blacks coach is looking for a more sustained focus from his team tonight in their second game of the Four Nations tournament in Perth.’
- ‘Serbia had a 13-point lead early in the final period, but the Tall Blacks went on a charge to tie the match with two minutes to play.’
- ‘The Tall Blacks fly out to Europe next week, but at this stage their schedule of warm-up games is still incomplete.’
1990s: modelled on All Blacks.
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.