One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The time during which a mobile telephone is in use to handle calls, especially as a measure of the duration of the telephone's battery.‘a battery that delivers 130 minutes of talktime’
- ‘The FS258 also has a good battery life - its published specs are a maximum of 8 hours of talktime or 240 on standby.’
- ‘A side button on the top left of the T68 gives status information, including date, current profile setting, standby time and talktime remaining, and GPRS status.’
- ‘It's a mite bigger than another Bluetooth headset I have tried - the Motorola headset - but it has up to eight hours talktime, easily the longest of any model on the market.’
- ‘Batteries will usually last at least 100 hours on standby and give around two hours' talktime, but batteries that last for up to 15 days standby and ten hours talk-time are available.’
- ‘It's got an 1150mAh battery, enough for five hours' talktime and 10.4 days' stand-by time.’
- ‘Measuring 106x46x20 mm and weighing 99g, Siemens claim a battery life of 300 hours standby or six hours of talktime; in practice, three days easy.’
- ‘The speech quality is excellent and talktime on a single charge is about four to five hours.’
- ‘HTC claims the device allows 3 hours talktime or 100 hours of standby.’
- ‘A lithium-ion battery gives a quoted talktime of five hours and standby of 150 hours which is pretty realistic.’
- ‘The P910i has a published 13-hour talktime and 400 hours of standby time.’
- ‘Those who are feeling generous might prefer to buy a phone with free talktime included.’
- ‘The phone has a standby time of just 35 hours, and a meagre talktime of 2.5 hours, a figure which I suspect covers voice alone, not battery-draining video or high speed data.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.