One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Speak continuously and at great length.
- ‘Reading it is like trying to keep up with a fast walker who is also talking a blue streak.’
- ‘Unfortunately I know very little about them because I talked a blue streak from the moment they stepped in the door to the moment the door closed behind them when they left.’
- ‘She hadn't slept for three days, and talked a blue streak.’
- ‘The Chorus leader and, of course, Electra talk a blue streak.’
- ‘Thus he asks Rick-the-coward, who talks a blue streak about the dancing contest, the confrontation with the jocks, the pictures, and the confrontation with Hattie.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.