One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Speak continuously and at great length.
- ‘She hadn't slept for three days, and talked a blue streak.’
- ‘Reading it is like trying to keep up with a fast walker who is also talking a blue streak.’
- ‘Thus he asks Rick-the-coward, who talks a blue streak about the dancing contest, the confrontation with the jocks, the pictures, and the confrontation with Hattie.’
- ‘Unfortunately I know very little about them because I talked a blue streak from the moment they stepped in the door to the moment the door closed behind them when they left.’
- ‘The Chorus leader and, of course, Electra talk a blue streak.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.