One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘The Englishman, who has just completed the best of his four seasons at the club, admits that he wouldn't be the player he is now had it not been for the talismanic Swede.’
- ‘A trained anthropologist, Small was inspired by indigenous people who imbued their jewellery with talismanic significance.’
- ‘The prospect of losing their talismanic star appears to have kick-started the football federation into action.’
- ‘Robbed of one of their principal ball-winners and their talismanic playmaker, a tough night was always going to lie ahead.’
- ‘The talismanic pride of Stoke City, he was still the man in possession of the national gloves four years later in Mexico when his save from Pelé was as vibrant as the blue shirt he wore.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.