One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Say what someone else was about to say.
- ‘Maybe my headline above takes the words out of the President's mouth these days.’
- ‘You can only mumble ‘You took the words out of my mouth… ‘quietly while the boss praises them.’’
- ‘Natasha, that's exactly what I was about to say, you took the words out of my mouth.’
- ‘‘You took the words out of my mouth,’ Milton smiled.’
- ‘‘Yes,’ Efad replied, taking the words out of Justin 's mouth.’
- ‘Mr Carter's speech took the words out of my mouth.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.