One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Incur blame or punishment in the place of another person.‘he kept his mouth shut and let McFarlane take the fall’
- ‘European governments continue to allow employers the privilege of using cheap foreign labor while making asylum seekers take the fall for clandestine migration.’
- ‘They're not going to take the fall if someone ordered them to do something, right?’
- ‘If there's a problem, he denies it or finds someone else to take the fall for him.’
- ‘If someone backed me up in a lie and then took the fall for me when it was exposed, I'd have confidence in him too.’
- ‘It relieves the truly guilty parties of the need to decide who among them must take the fall.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.