One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Incur blame or punishment in the place of another person.‘he kept his mouth shut and let McFarlane take the fall’
- ‘European governments continue to allow employers the privilege of using cheap foreign labor while making asylum seekers take the fall for clandestine migration.’
- ‘If someone backed me up in a lie and then took the fall for me when it was exposed, I'd have confidence in him too.’
- ‘They're not going to take the fall if someone ordered them to do something, right?’
- ‘It relieves the truly guilty parties of the need to decide who among them must take the fall.’
- ‘If there's a problem, he denies it or finds someone else to take the fall for him.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.