One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Make use of an opportunity to do something.‘I shall here take occasion to propose a second observation’
- ‘Here I must take occasion to tell you, there are five faults will be found in heaven with your best fruits.’
- ‘The member does not even know the Standing Orders, and he should take occasion over the adjournment to read them.’
- ‘But sin, taking occasion by the Commandment, wrought in me all manner of concupiscence.’
- ‘For I am possessed of a cat, surpassing in beauty, from whom I take occasion to bless Almighty God.’
- ‘I took occasion from thence to speak strongly to her, concerning the hand of God, and his design in all afflictions.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.