One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Make use of an opportunity to do something.‘I shall here take occasion to propose a second observation’
- ‘I took occasion from thence to speak strongly to her, concerning the hand of God, and his design in all afflictions.’
- ‘But sin, taking occasion by the Commandment, wrought in me all manner of concupiscence.’
- ‘Here I must take occasion to tell you, there are five faults will be found in heaven with your best fruits.’
- ‘The member does not even know the Standing Orders, and he should take occasion over the adjournment to read them.’
- ‘For I am possessed of a cat, surpassing in beauty, from whom I take occasion to bless Almighty God.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.