One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Pause to recover free and easy breathing.‘she had great need of a moment of silence to take breath’
- ‘Danny sat in the water screaming, not pausing to take breath.’
- ‘I tried to force my injured lungs to take breath, but they refused.’
- ‘Until the 18th Century, punctuation was closely related to spoken delivery, including pauses to take breath.’
- ‘Now, the football team must take breath from this fantastic win and build on it.’
- ‘She paused to take breath for another sentence, but Will shook his head.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.