One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Pause to recover free and easy breathing.‘she had great need of a moment of silence to take breath’
- ‘I tried to force my injured lungs to take breath, but they refused.’
- ‘Now, the football team must take breath from this fantastic win and build on it.’
- ‘Danny sat in the water screaming, not pausing to take breath.’
- ‘She paused to take breath for another sentence, but Will shook his head.’
- ‘Until the 18th Century, punctuation was closely related to spoken delivery, including pauses to take breath.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.