One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Suffer a heavy financial loss.‘even though we got stuck in a rotten gold market, our readers didn't take a bath’
- ‘After all, should the share price of IBM plunge in the next half a year, you need not exercise your option, saving you from taking a bath.’
- ‘They're taking a bath on their latest animated film, and considering the numbers, that's no surprise.’
- ‘You may already had read that the Florida state pension fund took a bath on Enron stock.’
- ‘It looks as if every kid in town is going splish, splash and the town's finances aren't even taking a bath.’
- ‘Hong Kong and China shares took a bath yesterday as investors reacted negatively to rumours of a near-term interest rate increase by Beijing and renewed unrest in the Middle East.’
- ‘As usual, this big shot walked away with a slick profit and a wink, while small investors and company employees took a bath.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.