One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The water in a mill race below the wheel, or in a canal below a lock.‘the pewter calm of the tailwater’count noun ‘trout thrive in the dam's tailwaters’
- ‘If the tailwater is fairly constant, you can set a fixed tailwater elevation for each pond.’
- ‘A few changes in stocking and fishing regulations will help increase the average size of rainbow trout and maintain trophy brown trout in the Beaver tailwater, which were goals identified during the public input workshops.’
- ‘From 9pm, on January 2, to 9am, on January 4, the headwater at Boulters had risen ten inches, and the tailwater by 17 ins - this represented the peak at Boulters.’
- ‘While a lower section of the river might be covered with ice, the tailwater remains fishable all year.’
- ‘Instead, West Virginia argued that the boundaries of the projects should be extended to permit fishing in the tailwater below the powerhouse.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.