Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
The adjustable part of a lathe holding the fixed spindle.→ stock
- ‘The first step was to chuck it up in the lathe and, using an end mill in the tailstock, remove the nipple portion (where the cap used to go).’
- ‘A camlock makes it much more convenient to move the mini-lathe's tailstock to clear chips when drilling deep holes.’
- ‘I modified the tailstock on my Homier 7x12 minilathe by adding a handle to the nut that locks the tailstock in place.’
- ‘The fixture has a dividing head on the left and a tailstock on the right.’
- ‘Through the use of CNC tailstocks, the machine is capable of handling various shaft lengths.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.