One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The adjustable part of a lathe holding the fixed spindle.
- ‘The fixture has a dividing head on the left and a tailstock on the right.’
- ‘The first step was to chuck it up in the lathe and, using an end mill in the tailstock, remove the nipple portion (where the cap used to go).’
- ‘A camlock makes it much more convenient to move the mini-lathe's tailstock to clear chips when drilling deep holes.’
- ‘Through the use of CNC tailstocks, the machine is capable of handling various shaft lengths.’
- ‘I modified the tailstock on my Homier 7x12 minilathe by adding a handle to the nut that locks the tailstock in place.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.