One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Our own species' compulsion to selectively breed any animal that can be kept as a pet led to a trade in ‘fancy’ mice, those with odd coat colors and forms (including tailless Manx mice).’
- ‘The air vehicle is 8.2m long, 2.1m high, with a 10.3m wing and is of tailless design.’
- ‘Chimpanzees are large, hairy and tailless; females weigh between 30-40 kg, while males can reach 180 kg.’
- ‘Towhees were abundant, and I saw a newly fledged, almost tailless cardinal crashing around in a bush.’
- ‘The comet, tailless and misshapen, appeared as expected in 1839 and 1846, before vanishing, confounding astronomers who waited patiently in 1852, 1859 and 1866.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.