One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A red light at the rear of a motor vehicle, train, or bicycle.
- ‘The car was unmistakable, definitely the same shimmering red 1965 Ford Mustang Classic with the chipped paint right above the right tail light, and the large dent in the bumper.’
- ‘Our child would see me change the tail light in the car and fix broken furniture.’
- ‘You can find in this store high beam Toyota headlights, Ford Headlights, Chevy tail lights, Honda tail lights and more.’
- ‘If you misjudge a turn and slide into the barrier you may get off lucky with a broken tail light, or you may totally shatter the window depending on how hard the car hits.’
- ‘Also available are stylish headlights, wheels and hubcaps, mirrors, tail lights, fog lights, and grilles.’
- ‘Different kinds of lights are also available here at Auto Parts Deal; these include the finest Toyota tail lights, Chevrolet headlights, and Jeep fog lights.’
- ‘Finally, I bumped in to the back of a car at the traffic lights in Newry and smashed the rear tail light.’
- ‘There were headlights, floodlights, tail lights and spot lights.’
- ‘The tail lamps have gone from something of a cat's eye appearance to being much more integrated with the C-pillar, which has a character line that is flush with the top of the tail lamp.’
- ‘As I neared the rear of the silver CTS, its rear tail lamps and reverse lights began blinking, to get my attention.’
- ‘High intensity discharge xenon headlamps are available as an option, while the rear LEO tail lamps are standard equipment.’
- ‘Worn on your upper arm, it rides higher than a bike-mounted headlight or tail lamp, which puts it closer to motorists' eye level.’
- ‘If you are driving at night, check the headlights and tail lights.’
- ‘Auto parts such as mirrors, tail lights, headlights, radiators, wheels, are also available in a pocket-friendly price.’
- ‘About three years down the lane, after selling over 5,200 vehicles in Kerala, we have refined the interiors and the headlight, grill, front bumper and tail lamp of our vehicles, based on customer feedback.’
- ‘Officers say red lights are dangerous as from a distance they look like brake lights or rear tail lights, while blue or green lights could appear to be emergency service vehicles from a distance.’
- ‘‘The brightness of an adaptive tail light of this kind will be tailored to the prevailing conditions and replace the rear fog lamp,’ says Dr. Huhn.’
- ‘However, unlike the Buicks of the recent past, the tail lamp is not a single cross-car strip, but simply at each of the corners.’
- ‘We have a report of a broken tail light so we'll just check that out now.’
- ‘Even the LED tail light, embossed with the Moto Guzzi eagle emblem, is special.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.