One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Gas produced in a refinery and not required for further processing.
- ‘By the year 2010, a total of 85 percent of domestic production will be low-pressure tail gas.’
- ‘As the producing reservoirs become exhausted, a higher proportion of domestic production will be in the form of low-pressure tail gas produced at less than 10 bar.’
- ‘In one embodiment, the condensation is conducted on a mixed gas stream of fresh synthesis gas and tail gas from a Fischer-Tropsch process.’
- ‘Failure to exploit the tail gas will increase the gas import bill to $9 billion.’
- ‘A waste treatment process which removes sulfur compounds from sulfur recovery unit tail gas to make such gas environmentally suitable for venting to the atmosphere.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.