Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
[mass noun] Gas produced in a refinery and not required for further processing.
- ‘As the producing reservoirs become exhausted, a higher proportion of domestic production will be in the form of low-pressure tail gas produced at less than 10 bar.’
- ‘By the year 2010, a total of 85 percent of domestic production will be low-pressure tail gas.’
- ‘A waste treatment process which removes sulfur compounds from sulfur recovery unit tail gas to make such gas environmentally suitable for venting to the atmosphere.’
- ‘Failure to exploit the tail gas will increase the gas import bill to $9 billion.’
- ‘In one embodiment, the condensation is conducted on a mixed gas stream of fresh synthesis gas and tail gas from a Fischer-Tropsch process.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.