One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A comb with a tapering tail or handle used in styling to lift, divide, or curl the hair.
- ‘Use a tail comb to tuck ends of hair around rollers, lift and section hair for rollers and clean loose hair from brushes.’
- ‘The tail of a tail comb is then woven through the section and lifted, thereby separating tufts of hair from the section.’
- ‘Using a rat tail comb gently create a series of hair loops that are pulled loose from the Twist.’
- ‘It is anticipated that a set of three or four such clip-on combs having different tooth spacings may be purchased by a hairdresser and these clipped on to a conventional tail comb as required.’
- ‘We never use mane and tail combs because they break the hair.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.