One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
treated as singular A mode of linguistic analysis based on identifying the function of each grammatical position in the sentence or phrase and the class of words by which it can be filled.
- ‘A million (it seems!) years ago when I was teaching Freshman Comp, one of the ‘invention’ processes I taught my students was something that in those days was stuffily called tagmemics and now is much more accessibly referred to as particle-wave-field.’
- ‘In the view of tagmemics, any linguistic data can be viewed in one of three ways: statically, dynamically, or relationally (sometimes called after physics: particle, wave, or field).’
- ‘The most intriguing application of tagmemics to a composition course is the implementation of it as an entry point for understanding a text.’
- ‘Tagmemics recognizes that two viewers will see a linguistic unit or a behavioral event differently, according to their individual backgrounds.’
- ‘The different types of prewriting that we will explore here are freewriting, brainstorming, clustering, tagmemics, and journalistic technique.’
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.