One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
1The action of attaching a label to someone or something.‘the tagging of birds with official numbered metal bands’
- 1.1 The attaching of electronic markers to people or goods for monitoring purposes.‘the tagging of remand prisoners’‘a new system of individual sheep tagging’
- 1.2informal The writing of a nickname or mark on a surface by a graffiti artist.‘tagging is out of control in this city’
- 1.3Computing The adding of an instruction to a piece of text in a markup language in order to specify how it is displayed or interpreted.‘internal review procedures to promote accurate and consistent tagging’
- 1.4 The addition of a word, phrase, or name to digital content to identify it as belonging to a particular category or concerning a particular person or topic.‘automatic tagging of your audio files with artist and track information’
- 1.1 The attaching of electronic markers to people or goods for monitoring purposes.
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.