One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- another term for cimetidine
- ‘Like Tagamet, Zantac is an ulcer drug, and it began appearing in published clinical studies in 1981.’
- ‘Tagamet was developed to reduce stomach acid and cure ulcers.’
- ‘We can now also enhance minimal side-effect activity to change antihistamines into stomach acid secretion blockers such as Tagamet and Zantac.’
- ‘Twenty years ago, prescription acid suppressors like Tagamet, Zantac and Pepcid revolutionized the treatment of ulcers.’
- ‘If someone is infected with H. pylori, taking acid-suppressing drugs like Zantac, Tagamet or Prevacid won't cure the infection.’
1970s: an arbitrary formation.
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.