One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A sale of miscellaneous second-hand items.
fete, fair, jumble sale, sale, bring-and-buy sale, car boot sale, carnivalView synonyms
- ‘I had the series somewhere in my house, and it probably cost about two bucks at some tag sale.’
- ‘They'll have a booth on Sunday from 11: 30-4 at Tonic's tag sale.’
- ‘Al Souza scavenges thrift stores and tag sales for the jigsaw-puzzle pieces that he arranges into monumental works.’
- ‘Wealthy households are more likely to save their clothes - a $2,000 cocktail dress probably wouldn't fetch much at a tag sale, anyway.’
- ‘And in the quaint, picture-book towns of Massachusetts' Berkshire hills, antique dealers organized an auction and tag sales that raised about $25,000 for the Manhattan Chamber of Commerce's grant program.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.