Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
The stereochemical arrangement of the units in the main chain of a polymer.
- ‘It is found that tacticity has no influence on the molecular structure in solution, while it plays a role in the gel state.’
- ‘Metallocene catalysts allow for control of tacticity in polyolefins, making it possible to synthesize materials with a wide range of properties from a single monomer.’
- ‘These critical deformation rates are themselves influenced by the tacticity of the molecule and can therefore be tailored with careful synthesis.’
- ‘The rate of hydrolysis depends not only on the tacticity of the polymer, but probably also on its configurational sequence statistics.’
- ‘This association explains strong dependencies of the statistical segment length on tacticity and temperature in the vicinity of the melting point.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.