One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The stereochemical arrangement of the units in the main chain of a polymer.
- ‘The rate of hydrolysis depends not only on the tacticity of the polymer, but probably also on its configurational sequence statistics.’
- ‘This association explains strong dependencies of the statistical segment length on tacticity and temperature in the vicinity of the melting point.’
- ‘It is found that tacticity has no influence on the molecular structure in solution, while it plays a role in the gel state.’
- ‘Metallocene catalysts allow for control of tacticity in polyolefins, making it possible to synthesize materials with a wide range of properties from a single monomer.’
- ‘These critical deformation rates are themselves influenced by the tacticity of the molecule and can therefore be tailored with careful synthesis.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.