One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A person who uses a carefully planned strategy to achieve a specific end.‘a brilliant political tactician’‘the cunning manoeuvres of a master tactician’
- ‘The coach is a master tactician who raced for the Spanish cycling team not that long ago.’
- ‘Every good tactician pays attention to details which the less skillful don't notice or don't bother about.’
- ‘At the height of his political career he was one of the master tacticians of the trade.’
- ‘A general he may have been, but a good strategist and tactician, I doubt.’
- ‘Few if any scholars doubt his capacity as a military commander, both as strategist and tactician, whether on land or sea.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.