One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
With skill and sensitivity in dealing with others or with difficult issues.‘wise yet tactfully handled advice’‘she was trying tactfully to get rid of him’‘Cara remained tactfully silent on the matter’
- ‘We tactfully decline their kind offer.’
- ‘I had decided that I should raise the issue tactfully towards the end of our conversation.’
- ‘She tactfully averted her eyes.’
- ‘She was trying tactfully to get rid of him.’
- ‘I tactfully refused to comment.’
- ‘The question is how can she bring up the topic tactfully, without hurting her father?’
- ‘He tactfully avoided the subject of his family.’
- ‘He changed the subject tactfully.’
- ‘Tactfully, he does not accompany it with a note drawing attention to his generosity.’
- ‘I tactfully refrained from saying anything.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.