Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
[mass noun] A polyamide fabric or fibre with a soft, silky feel.
- ‘The new Super Lite Vest is made of Nylon Tactel fabric.’
- ‘He also reported a good response to fabrics that utilized high-tech fibers and nylon variants such as Tactel combined with cotton, wool or viscose.’
- ‘The styles feature 100% Nylon Tactel with antibacterial and UV protection and moisture management properties.’
- ‘The company's Field & Stream Saltwater cape-back camp shirt is made of quick-drying flyweight woven Tactel nylon with an open cape-back construction.’
- ‘The tracksuits are top of the range special Tactel suits, manufactured by O'Neills.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.