One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A Mexican dish consisting of a folded or rolled tortilla filled with various mixtures, such as seasoned mince, chicken, or beans.
- ‘Oftentimes I don't eat dinner, but if I do I'll have a chicken taco, chicken salad or piece of pizza.’
- ‘She explains the difference between chimichangas, burritos, tacos, tostadas, enchiladas and fajitas.’
- ‘If you remembered to keep a package of tortillas in the freezer, you've also got the makings of bean burritos or tacos.’
- ‘But, really, dad can only make tacos, burgers, meatloaf, and cornbread fit to eat.’
- ‘Other menu items include stuffed sandwiches, subs, quesadillas, wings, tacos and salads.’
- ‘Sometimes a chicken taco or a chicken sandwich just sounds good so I'll have one.’
- ‘No amount of yogurt parfaits, or fat free lean beef tacos is going to convince those who eat healthy otherwise.’
- ‘Use the crisp corn tortillas in dishes such as tacos and nachos.’
- ‘He ordered two cheese pizzas, breadsticks, water and three chicken soft tacos.’
- ‘There'd be little reason to complain if the menu featured burgers and tacos.’
- ‘He brought tacos rolled up in waxed paper or fried chicken in a bucket, or ham sandwiches from the cafeteria.’
- ‘The couple seated next to me was having swordfish; the family next to them, tacos and traditional Mexican cuisine.’
- ‘Fresh tortillas are eaten as bread, used as plate and spoon, or filled to make composite dishes such as tacos and enchiladas.’
- ‘I also enjoyed the grilled cheese sandwich and soup, and I got to try other foods that we never had at home, like beef tacos.’
- ‘My list includes things like hamburgers, grilled chicken, chili, tacos and calzones.’
- ‘Crumbled meatloaf can be used in any meal calling for cooked ground beef, such as tacos.’
- ‘Signs on store fronts promise tacos and egg rolls, but the windows are dark and the doors bolted.’
- ‘As I put the tacos and tortillas down on the dining room table I noticed that Cheryl and Helena were not among us.’
- ‘There are decent, pliable corn tortillas and a searing, aromatic green salsa with which to make your own chicken tacos.’
- ‘The menu had a wide variety of snacks and drinks on it varying from pizzas, burgers and tacos to soft drinks, juice and coffee.’
Mexican Spanish, from Spanish, literally ‘plug, wad’.
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.