One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A room in a stable building where saddles, bridles, and other equipment are kept.
- ‘Annagh Mor House is a charming stone building with two sand arenas at the back and a tack room where all equine equipment is painted in stimulating colours for the children.’
- ‘He headed to the tack room to grab Sable's saddle and bridle and then headed back to her stall.’
- ‘Hawk didn't reply to her mutters, and with a huff Trish walked into the old tack room, seeing it still had a few stray bridles and saddle covers, though all were covered with a thick layer of dust.’
- ‘I picked his hooves quickly, seeing as there wasn't much dirt in them and then returned to the tack room to get Glory's saddle and bridle.’
- ‘A tack room is ideal, and in a perfect world they would all be heated.’
- ‘Making sure the horse was properly tied; she ambled over to the tack room and placed the bridle on its named hook.’
- ‘She grabbed a plain saddle and bridle in the tack room and took them to her horse, Night Devotion's stall, or Nivo as she'd nicknamed him.’
- ‘Following alongside him, she entered the tack room and grabbed a saddle and bridle for herself.’
- ‘A door at the end of the aisle led to the tack room where all the saddles and bags were as well as some salt blocks and buckets.’
- ‘Kathryn laughed lightly and went to the tack room to get Punk's freshly cleaned saddle and bridle.’
- ‘Underneath the loft are two purpose built stables, a tack room, storage rooms and a car port for two cars.’
- ‘He wasn't in the rink or in the feeding room or the tack room.’
- ‘The grounds include a 250-year-old Spanish chestnut tree and a lofted coach house comprising seven loose boxes and a tack room.’
- ‘Do you have a tack room full of various bits, halters, lead ropes, lunge whips, lunge lines, and other training equipment or behavior modifiers?’
- ‘I have an American style log barn with eight stables and a tack room.’
- ‘We went into the tack room and saw all the saddles and bridles.’
- ‘As the early afternoon sun stretched through the windows, Noah sat in the tack room, cleaning a bridle.’
- ‘She put her saddle back in the tack room as soon as it was clean again.’
- ‘Two loose boxes, a tack room and a covered work area are in the stable block.’
- ‘At this level, there is also a tack room and a boot room.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.