One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘A tachymetric plan and 3D model of the measured and geophysically prospected areas was created.’
- ‘The invention relates to a staking out device with a stake that can be planted on a target point in the vicinity of a point to be staked out, a reflector mounted on said stake for the tachymetric detection of the target point, and a unit provided on the stake for sending and receiving information to or from a tachymeter.’
- ‘The timepiece features tachymetric divisions in aluminum, protective pushbuttons with notches for comfort of operating, and a screw-in crown.’
- ‘The chronograph hour counter was not running properly, the movement needed a complete overhaul, the case and bracelet were marred with dings and scuffs, the gold caps on the crown and pushers were all worn through and, most significantly, the signature gold bezel with burgundy tachymetric insert was chipped and dented.’
- ‘This module provides an introduction to cartography and covers the production of topographic maps and plans based on accurate tachymetric surveys using computer aided drafting packages.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.