One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Of course, I also had to smile at the thought of a tableful of law professors grilling him.’
- ‘At least, that's the way I heard Monica tell the story at a Friar's Club tableful of comedians, all of whom nodded that he'd done that to them, as well.’
- ‘Then one evening he had timidly inserted himself into a tableful of them because the pub was packed - Saturday night - and the bar owner had yanked a chair up to this table for him.’
- ‘It's rare to see a tableful of boisterous eaters shocked into introspective silence by a single bite of food.’
- ‘A few years ago, I was sitting with a tableful of artists who agreed to an equally bleak, and equally wrong, assessment of art.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.