One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
An indoor game based on tennis, played with small bats and a ball bounced on a table divided by a net.
- ‘The Zambia team will compete in several events among them volleyball netball, table tennis and swimming.’
- ‘They started playing table tennis and moved on to take part in loads of sports.’
- ‘His favorite sport is table tennis and he loves to ride a motorbike whenever he has a chance.’
- ‘I have had some great friends and we would be roaring with laughter as we played table tennis together.’
- ‘He plays the game as if table tennis is one of the easiest games.’
- ‘We were enthusiastic about playing table tennis and thought it was the most interesting sport in the world.’
- ‘The games facilities will cater for sports such as table tennis, volleyball, pool and badminton.’
- ‘When I was in Hanoi, many people turned the streets into badminton courts and set up tables to play table tennis.’
- ‘Craven won first places in rugby union, table tennis, football and in a new swimming event called the aquathon.’
- ‘Some were playing cards, some were playing table tennis, and some just enjoying a drink and chatting.’
- ‘In the evenings or holidays we played charades and card games and table tennis.’
- ‘There is already table tennis but centre workers would like more activities, such as art projects.’
- ‘In the meantime they are spending their days playing table tennis and pool and consuming fearsome quantities of beer.’
- ‘The club also provides outdoor and indoor games such as tennis, badminton and table tennis.’
- ‘It can be flexibly configured to accommodate indoor team sports ranging from table tennis to indoor soccer.’
- ‘When the sun shone, we hit the beach; when it didn't, we swam in the heated indoor pool or played table tennis.’
- ‘Games like badminton, table tennis, etc. are available and women have exclusive time too.’
- ‘Once a week, for relaxation, he plays table tennis for a couple of hours.’
- ‘Some of these included volleyball, boxing, football, lawn tennis and table tennis.’
- ‘He enjoyed many sports, and played table tennis for Manchester and tennis for Manchester University.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.