One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Fabric items used at mealtimes, such as tablecloths and napkins, collectively.
- ‘Other silk products such as photo frames, table linen, wall hangings and boxes, nearly all made from hand woven silk, will also be offered and included in the sale.’
- ‘The table linen comes as gift sets consisting of six place mats and nine napkins, exclusively made with 100 per cent hand-woven cotton fabrics.’
- ‘Home furnishings take an entire section with bed and table linen.’
- ‘So vast were the differences in dress, worship, voluntary association, and even table linen, that the reader ambles through the book, only occasionally asking what this story has got to do with the larger picture being presented.’
- ‘‘You just pay a lot of money,’ he tells me, polishing his decades-old tortoiseshell spectacles across the table linen.’
- ‘She did a great series of chickens, which I sent to be made into table linen.’
- ‘They were getting chairs, tables and table linen on loan from the resort and would move them into the living room the morning of the wedding.’
- ‘Washing your table linen is simple due to the way linen is structured-it easily releases stains because of the fiber weave.’
- ‘But Klaessbols is another linen company that provides the fine Swedish table linen for the Nobel Prize dinner, as well as to the royals.’
- ‘The table was always meticulously laid with mother's best table linen and crockery.’
- ‘A set of chopsticks and red table linen priced of 89 yuan is especially recommended for new couples.’
- ‘An antique map drawer has been utilised as a receptacle for cutlery and table linen.’
- ‘The home collection consists of soft furnishing products ranging from bed throws to duvet covers to cushions curtain panels and table linen.’
- ‘There are wooden floors and stone tile floors, straight backed black chairs, wonderful crisp white and cream table linen and simple, elegant white crockery.’
- ‘The Meadows and Byrne collection includes table linen to match each of their Christmas ranges as well as a range of seasonal dinner services including the best-selling reindeer mugs and accompanying side plates.’
- ‘Because damask table linen was very expensive at this time, it was owned only by royalty the nobility and the wealthiest merchants.’
- ‘Venise is a very fine damask table linen consisting of large floral patterns.’
- ‘They can help choose and organise everything from the hotel, menu, flowers, band, dress, cake, wine, make-up and photographer, down to choosing the colour of the table linen.’
- ‘If you spill something on the white table linen they cover it up with perfectly placed napkin, but only when they know you won't notice.’
- ‘Her first big break came in 1999, when she was asked to furnish the five-star Astoria Hotel in St. Petersburg with her curtains, bedcovers and table linen.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.