One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A tabletop version of soccer in which players turn rods attached to miniature figures of players in order to flick the ball and strike it towards the goal.
- ‘They can even challenge each other to games of table football, as well as see family and friends.’
- ‘The Prince also joined in a team game of table football, taking up the responsibility of goalkeeping.’
- ‘There are plenty of games to enjoy including table tennis, snooker, table soccer and board games.’
- ‘It's retro music upstairs, where you can also enjoy a game of pool or some table football.’
- ‘Sadly I proved my lack of capability at table football, but such is the way of the world.’
- ‘So, back on dry land, we decided that the next stop should include table football and beer.’
- ‘There I stayed in the union bar for a few hours amusing myself with a few friends playing table football.’
- ‘At the end of this month, Sasho is travelling to Milan for an international table football tournament.’
- ‘Sister-in-law redeemed the day with a pressie beyond cool, a table football game.’
- ‘There, locals can gather for a game of cards or table football.’
- ‘Forthcoming events include table football, tennis and snooker tournaments.’
- ‘The table football machine is located over in the far corner, just past where the DJ has set up his decks.’
- ‘On this, the skills of two university table football champions were honed.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.