Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
- another term for locomotor ataxia
- ‘In 1868, Charcot identified neuropathic joints with an unusual pattern of bone destruction in patients with tabes dorsalis.’
- ‘Diabetes mellitus, tabes dorsalis, and syringomyelia are common causes.’
- ‘The clinical presentation has shifted from general paresis and tabes dorsalis to meningovascular and atypical forms.’
- ‘Classically, there are three recognized types of CNS syphilis: meningovascular, parenchymatous, and tabes dorsalis.’
Modern Latin, literally wasting of the back.
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.