One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A state in south-eastern Mexico, on the Gulf of Mexico; capital, Villahermosa.
A pungent sauce made from the fruit of a capsicum pepper.
The plant is Capsicum frutescens (or C. annuum), family Solanaceae
- ‘Whisk in the lemon juice, Worcestershire sauce, Tabasco sauce and Dijon mustard.’
- ‘It was baked chicken, really, but it was basted with a mixture of butter, Worcestershire sauce, Tabasco and spices, resulting in a beautiful, browned, crispy and tasty skin.’
- ‘Nearly 12% of respondents keep condiments handy at their desks, particularly Tabasco, soy sauce, salt, or olive oil.’
- ‘Tear the bread into pieces and add to the blender with the vinegar, olive oil, Tabasco, sea salt and pepper.’
- ‘‘I like oysters with some Tabasco sauce on them,’ he said.’
Late 19th century: named after the state of Tabasco (see Tabasco).
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.