One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Tee-shirted young men in tight-fitting jeans roamed about with solemn, unsmiling expressions.’
- ‘Unlike the '60s of tie-dyed, T-shirted hippies caterwauling folk songs of peace, the year 1964 was closer in spirit to the '50s than the tumult usually associated with the stereotypical '60s.’
- ‘Following a T-shirted bouncer through the sold-out crowd of about 450, Mr. Bell hopped onto the stage.’
- ‘It was warm and still and full of t-shirted people lazing around, lying in small groups, chatting quietly to each other as they stared up at the trees.’
- ‘All three arrived with packs of T-shirted supporters and campaign paraphernalia more typical of a general election campaign than an early-season event.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.