One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘All three arrived with packs of T-shirted supporters and campaign paraphernalia more typical of a general election campaign than an early-season event.’
- ‘It was warm and still and full of t-shirted people lazing around, lying in small groups, chatting quietly to each other as they stared up at the trees.’
- ‘Following a T-shirted bouncer through the sold-out crowd of about 450, Mr. Bell hopped onto the stage.’
- ‘Tee-shirted young men in tight-fitting jeans roamed about with solemn, unsmiling expressions.’
- ‘Unlike the '60s of tie-dyed, T-shirted hippies caterwauling folk songs of peace, the year 1964 was closer in spirit to the '50s than the tumult usually associated with the stereotypical '60s.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.