One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A treatment for phobias in which the patient is exposed to progressively more anxiety-provoking stimuli and taught relaxation techniques.
- ‘The present study was a first attempt to examine the use of humor in systematic desensitization.’
- ‘Therefore, therapy of the couple dances must provide systematic desensitization by blocking the collusive dance and helping partners experience that their specific anxieties about intimacy do not happen.’
- ‘Treatments effective in alleviating math anxiety include systematic desensitization and relaxation.’
- ‘The technique is quite similar to systematic desensitization in behavior therapy.’
- ‘Behavior treatments include systematic desensitization, relaxation training, emotive imagery, contingency management, and social skills training.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.