Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A treatment for phobias in which the patient is exposed to progressively more anxiety-provoking stimuli and taught relaxation techniques.
- ‘Treatments effective in alleviating math anxiety include systematic desensitization and relaxation.’
- ‘The present study was a first attempt to examine the use of humor in systematic desensitization.’
- ‘Therefore, therapy of the couple dances must provide systematic desensitization by blocking the collusive dance and helping partners experience that their specific anxieties about intimacy do not happen.’
- ‘The technique is quite similar to systematic desensitization in behavior therapy.’
- ‘Behavior treatments include systematic desensitization, relaxation training, emotive imagery, contingency management, and social skills training.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.