One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘All those shiny, synthy 80s records had us convinced that we were going to spend the future wearing spandex and eyeliner.’
- ‘Spaced-out, synthy and slick, each song melts into the next.’
- ‘The first band was new wave, very synthy, then I sang in a bossa nova band, so that's quite different, then came the girl band, then I sang in a noise guitar band.’
- ‘On one hand, you have the minimalist synthy electro sounds that belong in the goth clubs.’
- ‘‘Storm the Gates’ opens slowly and quietly, but eventually builds into a crashing crescendo with a synthy backbone.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.