One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Originally made from the bark of a willow tree, today it is made synthetically.’
- ‘Since it was first developed synthetically in 1987 by a drug company to treat kidney disease, it has become more and more popular among stamina athletes.’
- ‘The pharmaceutical industry uses a lot of liquorice because it is one of the few products that can not be synthetically reproduced.’
- ‘He had developed a pill, containing synthetically produced versions of the hormones oestrogen and progestin, which would suppress ovulation apparently without side-effects.’
- ‘In addition, all of the elements with atomic numbers higher than uranium's were discovered by making them synthetically in particle accelerators.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.