One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘The pharmaceutical industry uses a lot of liquorice because it is one of the few products that can not be synthetically reproduced.’
- ‘He had developed a pill, containing synthetically produced versions of the hormones oestrogen and progestin, which would suppress ovulation apparently without side-effects.’
- ‘In addition, all of the elements with atomic numbers higher than uranium's were discovered by making them synthetically in particle accelerators.’
- ‘Since it was first developed synthetically in 1987 by a drug company to treat kidney disease, it has become more and more popular among stamina athletes.’
- ‘Originally made from the bark of a willow tree, today it is made synthetically.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.