Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
nountrademark in US
A computer-generated actor, either in a wholly animated film or one that appears to interact with human actors.
- ‘If the daughter is the father's greatest creation, it sure makes sense that the director's synthespian would look a lot like her, wouldn't it?’
- ‘Whatever your feelings are on synthespians on the big screen, there's no arguing that this bunch is spellbindingly intriguing in its own way.’
- ‘It gives them the full range of human emotions moving another step closer to the reality of the synthespian.’
- ‘Gollum, digitally enhanced by actor Andy Serkis's actorly bite, silenced naysayers who argued that synthespians would never emote at the level of their flesh-and-blood counterparts.’
- ‘The idea that a synthespian might some day win an Oscar is not far-fetched.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.