One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Because synteny had been previously established, it was possible to evaluate whether homologous genomic regions were involved in regulation of expression of the same genes.’
- ‘For each paralogous set with perturbed synteny, it was determined which locus was the ancestral locus of the paralogous set.’
- ‘Mammals also show an extensive conserved synteny of chromosome X, even though translocations have often rearranged the genome of mammalian species.’
- ‘To address this conserved synteny in much more detail, a high-resolution human-chicken comparative map was constructed from human chromosome 15.’
- ‘Twenty-six linkage groups were identified and synteny of duplicated microsatellite markers was used to confirm 13 homeologous chromosome pairs.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.