One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Inflammation of a synovial membrane.
- ‘Physical exam reveals an acute arthritis, synovitis, or tenosynovitis, or all three.’
- ‘Autoimmune responses are believed to play a prominent role in polymyalgia rheumatica, with bursitis, synovitis and tenosynovitis of the proximal shoulder and hip girdles being characteristic features.’
- ‘Rheumatoid arthritis produces synovitis and effusions but may lead to a valgus deformity.’
- ‘Indeed, rheumatoid factor testing is not useful when a patient lacks other diagnostic criteria for rheumatoid arthritis, especially synovitis.’
- ‘For synovial diseases, such as pigmented villonodular synovitis, rheumatoid arthritis, and osteochondromatosis, it is desirable to remove as much of the synovium as possible.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.