One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A substance, organ, or other agent that participates in an effect of synergy.
- ‘Further studies are needed to determine if hops acts as a mild sedative independently, as a synergist, or is absent of sedative action.’
- ‘In some cases, a synergist, such as piperonyl butoxide, is used to prevent recovery.’
- ‘An indirect role for glucanases, as a synergist for expansin action, has been proposed.’
- ‘At high concentration tocopherols act as prooxidant synergists with transition metal ions, lipid peroxides or other oxidizing agents.’
- ‘This may require co-ordination of groups of muscle synergists within one limb, or between several limbs, trunk, head, and eyes.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.