One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Actually, this is a whole lot like what I just described in terms of cognitive dissonance and syncretic religions.’
- ‘Kingston is at times unsure whether these practices are ‘Buddhism’ or something more syncretic: ‘Chinese religion.’’
- ‘The result is a further syncretization of an already syncretic form, but one which is capable of having strong musical, political, and cultural resonances in Aotearoa.’
- ‘However, folklorists will be particularly interested in the discussions of syncretic vernacular religious and ritual traditions, art and iconography, as well as work on narrative, craft traditions, and voluntary associations.’
- ‘But because of cultural and historical circumstances, Korean Zen Buddhism is a little different especially from Japanese Buddhism, and what is interesting about Korean Zen Buddhism is that it's quite syncretic.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.