One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Polarized radiation emitted by a charged particle spinning in a magnetic field.
- ‘As particles travel through an accelerator, they give off a form of radiation known as synchrotron radiation.’
- ‘Similarly, today's biologists have adopted a plethora of techniques and instruments from physics - such as synchrotron radiation and nuclear magnetic resonance - and are doing very nicely, thank you.’
- ‘At a synchrotron radiation source, electrons emit radiation as they are guided by magnets around a storage ring.’
- ‘Specializing in accelerators, synchrotron radiation and lasers, each group views these new facilities as a natural development in its respective field.’
- ‘In this model the gamma rays are emitted as synchrotron radiation by electrons that are accelerated to much lower energies.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.