One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A cyclotron in which the magnetic field strength increases with the energy of the particles to keep their orbital radius constant.
- ‘The most powerful synchrotrons now in operation can produce particles with energies of at least 400 GeV.’
- ‘For example, synchrotrons, cyclotrons, linear accelerators and interplanetary spacecraft all cost too much for single investigators.’
- ‘Scientific instruments such as telescopes, synchrotrons, and electron microscopes generate raw data streams that are archived for subsequent batch processing.’
- ‘His work space is located in what is known on campus as the Synchrotron Laboratory, because a synchrotron - a type of particle accelerator - was once located in the vast cavernous room.’
- ‘An experimentalist, he worked with synchrotrons to study the weak nuclear force and the structure of nuclear particles.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.